Tuesday, September 6, 2016

3 Down - 13 to go


Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Well, here we are again. My white blood cell count dropped dangerously low last Friday, so I have been getting Neupogen shots since then to build those cells. The shots create a lot of bone pain so I spent my Labor Day weekend managing pain. But it paid off today when my WBC count was 39!! It only needed to be between 4 and 10.
You might notice that I wear the same dress every time I have chemo. It was a gift from my sister and it works perfectly for access to my port a cath. Thanks, Malena!
And thanks to everyone for your faith and prayers. I have needed them as I have been a bit discouraged while managing the pain. My doctor reminded me that I am fighting for my life. And then I remembered "I am a warrior!" Nowotwor -- Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. Prayers will continue...so happy that your blood count was up so high as you begin to battle this next round of treatment! Keep being a fighter--we love you😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates! You are in our prayers and I put your name on the prayer roll every time I'm in the temple! Love you so much! You are a warrior! You are beautiful and amazing inside and out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan gave me your blog info when I saw her at Bowman's but it was just as I was on my way out of town to where I didn't have internet. I tucked the address away and I finally located it and caught up on your saga. I love that you are sharing your story. It doesn't surprise me that you are gifted at expressing yourself. I am amazed that we (especially me) go about our lives not realizing that stories like yours are all around us. I wish you all the best. (I love the room in your house with all the books.) Michele Holland, retired librarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful you are able to use the dress and that it is "a hug" from me at least every three weeks. :-) Keep up the fight, it is worth the growth! Remember as a kid, you have growing pains as you grow into your bones -- Well, this is one of many ways that God helps us to continue having "growing pains". ;-) Keep growing, sister! Love ya, Malena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is great news! Keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete