Tuesday, August 16, 2016

2 Down - 14 To Go

Round 2
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
I have been under a lot of stress lately, so I went into today's chemotherapy not being at the top of my game. I appreciate those who have cried with me recently. When people ask what they can do, most of the time I really don't know. But I am learning that to have someone to cry with is very therapeutic.

Anyway, there was some concern about my white blood cell count today. I have my blood tested every week, and it has been going down. So they needed to draw blood from my port. However . . . the blood wouldn't come. The nurse, Danielle, had me turn my head, shift around, cough, sit forward, etc. and nothing was working. But in my heart I was praying my guts out. "Please, Heavenly Father, please let the blood come through the port. Please!" All of a sudden, the blood started to flow. Danielle said, "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it." I looked at her and humbly said, "I am praying." And yes, I will keep doing it. I know God heard and answered that simple prayer. The results came back really great. They want my numbers to be between 4 and 10. I had gotten down to 3.3, but today it was 6.1 - in only 4 days. A miracle indeed!

I made a new friend in the chemo room. Her name is Nicci. She also has breast cancer. We became fast friends. She is much younger than I am and it broke my heart. Her story makes me grateful for my own. Thank you, God, for not giving me more than I can handle without at least giving me a way to survive it. For that I am eternally grateful.

Nowotwor -- Elizabeth
P.S. I took a walk around the block tonight and got bitten by a mosquito. Funny thought, but how do you think a mosquito reacts to chemo blood? I don't really know, but I have a feeling it didn't live long. I was hoping it would smell the poison and simply not bite me, but it took a chance.

3 comments:

  1. LOL -- New mosquito war -- I am so thankful that we were taught how to pray and have learned the power of prayer and faith in a loving Heavenly Father. He is so merciful and kind. I am grateful all our prayers were answered, but most importantly, yours at that very moment in time with Danielle. I love you forever -- glad we are sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- New mosquito war -- I am so thankful that we were taught how to pray and have learned the power of prayer and faith in a loving Heavenly Father. He is so merciful and kind. I am grateful all our prayers were answered, but most importantly, yours at that very moment in time with Danielle. I love you forever -- glad we are sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear One Wom Cat, happy birthday to you! Ma chere Elizabeth, c'est a ton tour! De te laisser parler d'amour! Ma chere Elizabeth, c'est a ton tour, de te laisser parler d'amour!!

    ReplyDelete