Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Meet Izak - My New Little Hero




November 15, 2016
Meet Izak! He is such an inspiration to me -- my new little hero! While I was having chemotherapy, this cute little guy came bouncing into the room. His mother is one of my nurses and they had just stopped by for a moment. Izak had just had his 6 month follow-up appointment about his cancer. He has a rare form of cancer too long and complicated for me to even spell or speak. The tumor had settled in his ankle when he was six years old. It was treated with chemo, but it unfortunately came back a second time, treated with radiation. He is now 8 years old and has been through more than a child should ever have to endure. Unfortunately, the follow-up he had today will turn out to be a third battle for him. Izak, I am so sorry! You are a strong young man. You inspire me! I love you, dude! Thank you for answering my questions about losing your hair and how it grew back the same color - curly at first and then back to normal. Thank you for your wisdom when I asked you for advice. You said, "Sleep alot. I did and it really helped me."
Izak, you are a warrior! Fight the good fight, buddy! Nowotwor! - Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry Izak that you are battling cancer. I want to say, "Thank You" for being my sister's warrior pal and helping her with your warrior wisdom! Best wishes in the battle, dear friends! -- Malena

    ReplyDelete