Monday, July 25, 2016

A New Battle Begins

Monday, July 25, 2016
Well, my friends, in keeping with the "Now at War" theme, a new battle begins tomorrow -- My first chemotherapy treatment!!
I had my blood work done in preparation for the fight and the surgeon has cleared me saying that my incisions have healed really well. My oncologist has also given the green light and so here we go.
A dear friend of mine is also a children's psychologist and she told me about a "self-soothe" box. So I have prepared a chemo treatment/self-soothe bag that is filled with one item for each sense. I have ginger snaps for taste, a book to read for sight, a little blue hippo stuffed animal (from another dear friend) for touch, music (that Morgan helped me get on my phone) for sound, and English lavender (brought back from England last week from another dear friend) for smell.
The other thing I will take with me that I can only hold in my heart is the love, support, and prayers of all my beloved family and friends. Thank you for being on this journey with me. I admit that I am a bit scared, but I am ready. Another dear friend assisted Mark in giving me a priesthood blessing, so with God on my side, how can I fail?
Nowotwor, Elizabeth


3 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOU!!!! Sooooo many prayers are for your right now my dear friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive thoughts, big hugs, and many prayers on your behalf...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm hoping everything went as smoothly as possible today! Love and prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete