Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Bad News -- Good News

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Today I met with my oncologist and found out some important information.
My Oncatype DX test results came back and my score is 43 (range is 0-100). That means that my cancer is in the high risk of recurrence category, even with hormonal therapy. Anything over 30 is high risk. This is bad news. However, because it is in the high risk category the benefits of chemo will be greater that the side effects. This is good news. It makes the decision to continue with a chemotherapy plan that much easier. That being said, I will have my first chemo treatment next Tuesday, July 26 -- ready or not!
I have felt a little stuck waiting for this test result, so I am ready to move forward -- we are still at war!
Nowotwor! Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment