Tuesday, June 21, 2016

2 Nephi 9:52


Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tonight we read 2 Nephi 9 as a family and I found verse 52 of particular interest to me, “pray unto [God] continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice.”

As you can imagine, my prayers have truly been continual by day. And I have many reasons to give thanks by night for my heart truly is rejoicing. 

Here are just two of the numerous reasons why:
1. I was able to get dressed all by myself today. Something so simple but means so much!
2.  Dr. Larsen removed the drains from my surgical sights. Hallelujah!! And gave me a glowing report of progress. He is pleased with my healing and is hopeful that I won’t need radiation therapy (which was the best news since I got the drains removed . . . literally minutes before. J)

Yes, I pray. Yes, I give thanks. And yes, my heart rejoices. May yours do the same – I highly recommend it! -- Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about you, Elizabeth. Let me know if you want to visit. Life after cancer is so good!
    Susan Last

    ReplyDelete