Wednesday, June 15, 2016

"A Child's Prayer"

I am a Primary president which means that I get to spend precious time thinking about and serving some of Heavenly Father's precious children ages 18 months through 11 years old. And I love them!
Last Sunday, after I told them about my cancer in Junior Primary, we sang together (well, some of us might have cried) the sweet Primary song by Janice Kapp Perry, "A Child's Prayer."

"Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
'Suffer the children to come to me.'
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n."

I bear humble witness that God really does hear and answer prayers. I have truly felt heaven close around me these past few weeks. I know I am His daughter. I know He loves me as He loves all His children. I know that I will not be alone tomorrow as I go through one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life--my surgery to remove my cancerous tumor. This has been a very emotional journey and the physical journey is just beginning, but I am fully trusting in God to support and sustain me.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for me, my sweet family, and my medical team. I am strengthened by you and your faith. We are going to win this war against cancer!! Thanks for being on my team! -Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite songs too! Thinking about and praying for you today. Much love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete