Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fight Song


Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tonight I attended my hometown "American Idol" competition where my friend Boston performed "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten. Boston is one of my amazing Primary children. (I am the Primary president in my ward which means I get to associate with great children ages 18 months - 11 years.)

Boston was so kind to invite me and I was so happy to support him. He did a really great job and there was some tough competition. But he was the first place winner in his age group!!! I am so proud of you Boston! That took a lot of courage but you are a champion!

Boston's mother told me that he wanted to dedicate the song to me tonight. That means a lot to me. I am taking the words to heart. I will remember Boston singing the song every time I start feeling down about my cancer.

"This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me."

Yes, I've still got a lot of fight left in me. Thanks, Boston, for showing me how to be a champ! 
Nowotwór --Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment