Saturday, June 11, 2016

"You Are Loved"


Saturday, June 11, 2016

Decisions, decisions, I am overwhelmed with decisions!

They must be made quickly and so we can’t spend a lot of time mulling things over. We are completely trusting in God that He will direct our path. 

Mark and Morgan went to work today, so I decided to take a walk on my favorite path, Gailey Trail at Nicholls Park in Fruit Heights, Utah. It is a wooded ravine with a peaceful stream that runs the entire distance. It makes me feel like I am back in Kentucky, and I really miss my mom and dad right now.


As I got out of the car, I prayed that I would feel God’s love on this peaceful walk and that I would know the answer to a difficult decision we are facing regarding my cancer. I walked down a short path to get to the trail head and found this sign:



I see the sign every time I walk the trail (several times a week), but this time it was leaning against a tree. This caused me to notice it a little more which allowed me to see a small addition to the sign in the upper right corner:



I wasn’t wearing my glasses, so I had to move closer. There on a small Post-It note was my answer:


I AM LOVED!! I wanted to shout it out to the world. I am loved by God, the creator of heaven and earth and all things that in them are. I am a tiny speck when it comes to His creations and here I was, His daughter, needing to know that He loved me, He knew me, and He knew I had cancer and I was having a hard day. And there it was – plain as day -- "You Are Loved."

Read the fine print. It says #randomloveletter.
I pray that you will find your “random love letter” from God. I promise that He knows you and loves you as much as He loves me for God is not a respecter of persons. Aren’t we so blessed?! I will praise His name forever!

And whoever is reading this, I know it is because you love me, and I love you too. Thanks for being my friend on this incredibly difficult journey. Please let me know how I can help you on yours. And may God bless the angel who put that note on the sign just for me. -- Elizabeth





3 comments:

  1. I love that phrase - "you are loved". Interestingly, I'm currently making some cards with that on the front - suggested by our dear friend Ann Dibb. I will give you a bunch when they are done. You are in my prayers. love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing! It almost looks like some fancy Kristen writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This life was not meant to be easy, but it is a journey that we all gladly wanted to explore. So whenever you are having a hard day, remember that little note. You are loved, because I along with hundreds of other people LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete